Uttarakhand is the most beautiful northern states of India that enthralls everyone with its spectacularly scenic landscapes. It is nestled in the lap of the Himalayas. The state has Charming hill stations juxtaposed against snow-capped peaks, quaint villages along winding mountain roads, serpentine rivers carving their way through the hills, world renowned conservation parks like ‘Jim Corbett Tiger National Park’ and ‘Asan Wetland Conservation Reserve’, world heritage sites like ‘Valley of Flowers’ and ‘Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve’, waterfalls hurtling down slopes and serene lakes shimmering amidst beautiful towns – that’s Uttarakhand for you.
Uttarakhand’s rich culture and religious heritage ensures that it remains on top of film makers’s shooting plan. It has been a favoured choice for directors/producers from around the world, who visit this mighty land every year to set their films/documentaries/travel vlogs/adventure vlogs/tvcm/webcm/music videos.
Here, film makers can easily adopt the adventure activities into their film; be it flying like a bird, cruising through the strenuous rapids of the Ganges, trekking to some of the fascinating peaks, skiing through some of the picturesque slopes and enchanting destinations, enjoy the longest cable-car ride in India and much more. In short, Uttarakhand is a dream destination for all the International film producers & directors.
In this blog, sharing you some of the most desired film locations of Uttarakhand which will make your films glittered with beauty of Himalayas of India.
Badrinath in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand is one among the most sought after pilgrim centers in the Indian subcontinent. The term Badrinath is a derivative of badri, which means the place where beries grow abundantly.
The popular belief is that Badarinath was the domain of Lord Shiva, and Lord Vishnu managed to unseat Shiva from here to Kedarnath. Another belief is that when Ganga made her descend to earth she split up in to twelve streams and one among the channels, Alakananda felt on Kedarnath which gives Badrinath it’s majestic look.
Film makers can cover so many myths and legends about Badrinath which acquires predominance in the Director’s itinerary of India. International Directors/Producers can film Shrines and pilgrimage that Badrinath offers. It proffers the awesome beauty of the snow clad mountain peaks and the surging landscapes of the Garhwal region.
Champawat is steeped in history, and has enormous religious significance as well. Indian mythology mentions this as the place where Lord Vishnu appeared as ‘Kurmavatar’ (incarnated as a tortoise).
Champawat has sheer number of temples located in the region which are beautifully constructed and carved, and some of them date back to the time of the Chand rulers. The Nagnath temple which is dedicated to Kranteshwar Mahadev and Baleshwar temple in Champawat are a must visit destinations is Champawat. Baleshwar Temple, dedicated to the chief deity Lord Shiva is an important place that you must visit during your film making trip to the place which has a structure carved entirely out of stone.
It is a beautiful showcase of traditions, myths and mysticism. This is the place where the holy rivers Bhagirathi and Alaknanda meet, merge into one and take the name ‘Ganga’ making it a unique pilgrimage like the Prayag of Allahabad.
From here onward two rivers Deoprayag is endowed with abundant natural beauty. According to a belief, Lord Ram and his father King Dasharath did penance here. The main temple of the town is the ‘Raghunath Temple’, dedicated to Lord Rama.
In Treta-yuga, Lord Ram and Lakshman performed a yajna here to atone for killing Ravan, who was a Brahmin.
Kedarnath is ancient and magnificent temple is located in the Rudra Himalaya range, is over a thousand years old. The present temple was built by Adi Shankaracharya. The inner walls of the temple sanctum are adorned with figures of various deities and scenes from mythology.
According to legends, the Pandavas sought the blessings of lord Shiva to atone their sin after the battle of Mahabharata. Lord Shiva eluded them repeatedly and while fleeing took refuge at Kedarnath in the form of a bull. On being followed, he dived into ground leaving behind his hump on the surface. Outside the temple door a large statue of the Nandi Bull stands as guard. It is at this time, that the doors of the temple are thrown open to pilgrims, who flock from all parts of India, for a holy pilgrimage.
The shrine of Kedarnath is very scenically placed, and is surrounded by lofty, snow – covered mountains, and during summer grassy meadows covering the valleys, which further gives concrete reasons to set their films in Kedarnath.
It is also called Queen of the Hills. It is among the most popular hill stations of the country. Mussoorie offers superb scenic view of peaks of the Himalayas in western Garhwal. Mussoorie boasts of some of the most spectacular views of the Himalayas.
The city was established in 1825 by captain Young, it has quite an intriguing past. An adventurous British military officer, together with one Mr. Shore, the resident Superintendent of Revenues at Dehradun, explored the present site and jointly constructed a shooting lodge.
The “Lake District of India”, Nainital is one of the most beautiful hill stations in North India. Surrounded by mountains on three sides Nainital is located around the beautiful lake Naini Tal.
This beautiful small town in surrounded by seven hills, popularly known as ‘Sapta-Shring’ – Ayarpata, Deopata, Handi-Bandi, Naina, Alma, Lariya-Kanta and Sher-Ka-Danda. The majestic mountains and the sparkling waters of the lake add an immense lot to the beauty of the town.
According to recent historical records, Nainital was discovered by a British sugar merchant P. Barron in 1839. He was so deeply enthralled by the lake settlement and its forested surrounding that he came back with a sailing boat and built a house named ‘Pilgrim’s Cottage’.
The main attractions of Nainital range from quiet walks in meadows the forests of pine and deciduous trees to adventure sports (rock climbing, yachting etc.) to popular entertainment.
A most tranquil place in northern Uttarakhand, surrounded by hills and bisected by the wide and sluggish Ganges, is often claimed as the `Yoga Capital of the World’.
Rishikesh gained instant fame as the site where The Beatles came to stay with their guru, the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. It is an excellent place to meditate and study yoga.
The film makers can find from Laxman Jhula point for treks to Himalayan pilgrimage centres such as Badrinath, Kedarnath , Gangotri, Yamnotri. It is rightly called the gateway to the Himalayan Shrines of Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri.
Rishikesh has numerous ashrams, some of which are internationally recognized as centers of philosophical studies, yoga and meditation. The climate here is continental type but its location in the foot hills gives it a pleasant weather throughout the year.
Valley of Flowers
Valley of Flowers is set in the backdrop of the majestic Zanskar Ranges. This virtual paradise on earth has been unknown to the outside world till the great Mountaineer Frank S Smith discovered it in the year 1931
A world heritage site, the valley is situated at a very remarkable area, which is the conversion point of Himalayan ranges, Zanskar and Western and Eastern Himalayas. This fairyland located in the high altitudes of Himalayas is protected by snowy mountains. Bounded by the magnificent mountain ranges and glittering glaciers, this place unfolds the charisma and charm of nature at its best.
During colder months the valley sheds its somnolent nature with its multitudes of exotic flora. When the monsoon clouds began to drizzle, the valley shows its flowery face and the entire region would glisten like a colourful carpet.
A scenic place where the nature blooms with its entire vista can be accessible by a tedious but lovely stroll. Film makers can see eye catching spectacles like the cascading waterfalls, small streams and above all the flowery meadows. Also witness the wildlife in national park: Lime Butterfly, gray langur, flying squirrel, Himalayan black bear, red fox, Himalayan weasel.
If you plan to shoot your tvcm, documentary, films, web series, music video, we can be your perfect partner in providing you all support for smooth production from research to taking permissions and finding best locations that suits your film. You may contact us at email@example.com
We provide following services in Uttarakhand for film and documentary shooting:-
- Filming permits in Uttarakhand : We obtain filming permits in Uttarakhand for your film or video project.
- Aerial filming permits in Uttarakhand : We obtain aerial filming permits in Uttarakhand for your film or video project.
- Underwater filming permits in Uttarakhand : We obtain underwater filming permits in Uttarakhand for your film or video project.
- Cast & Crew Visa: Provide assistance to obtaining Cast & Crew Visa.
- Journalist Visa: Provide assistance to obtain Journalist Visa for filming documentary in India.
- Recce / Location scouting in Uttarakhand : Recce / Location scouting in Uttarakhand for your film or video project. Also do independent recce for you.
- Film shooting permissions in Uttarakhand : We arrange your film shooting permissions in Uttarakhand from various concern ministry and local authorities.
- Research : We also do research work for you as per your requirement.
- Budgeting & Scheduling: budgeting & scheduling is done in the smoothest possible way for your film or video project.
- Film camera rentals in Uttarakhand :Film camera rentals in Uttarakhand for your film and video projects. Film camera on rent Arri Alexa 65, Arri Alexa SXT, Arri Alexa Mini, Arri Amira, Red Weapon, Red Epic, Red Scarlet, Red Raven, Red MX, Red One, Canon 100, Canon 300, Canon 500, Canon Mark 4, Canon Mark 3, Sony F65, Sony Fx7, Sony A7s, GoPro 5, GoPro 4, DJI Osmo+, DJI Osmo Pro, DJi Osmo Raw etc.
- Grip rentals in Uttarakhand :We do grip rentals in Uttarakhand like like Track and trolley, Crane, jimmy jibs, Stedy cam, Glide cam etc.
- Light rentals in Uttarakhand :We do light rentals in Uttarakhand like Arri par light, Solar, HMI, Multi, Baby light, Softy light, Porta kit etc.
- Hiring of camera crew & Technicians in : We have cast and crew team like executive producer, line producer, production controller, production manager, production co-ordinator, production designer, production supervisor, production accountant, location manager, associate director, asst. director, cinematographer, Dop, videographer, cameraman, photographer, choreographer, art director.
- Film casting in Uttarakhand : Arrangements of senior and junior artists, models, folk dancers, Indian and western dance groups etc.
- Studios hiring & Sets construction: Hirring studios, readymade sets for your project or make sets for your special requirement.
- Catering : Catering services available round o’clock as per requirement.
- Logistic support : Provide all kind of logistic support for your project.
- Hotel & Resort in Uttarakhand : Arranging budget hotels to star rated hotels, resorts, guest house for cast and crew as required.
- Transportation : Vanity van, ambulance van with doctor, shooting vehicles(Ac, Non-ac), Mobile saloon, Conference van, Vintage vehicles.
- Security / Police protection / Insurance : We provide you personal bouncers security, police protection and insurance as well.