Karnataka is a state in southern India that is bordered by the Arabian Sea to the west, Goa to the northwest, Maharashtra to the north, Telangana to the northeast, Andhra Pradesh to the east, Tamil Nadu to the southeast, and Kerala to the south. It is the eighth largest state in India by population and the ninth largest by area. The state is known for its cultural diversity, with a number of languages spoken in the region, including Kannada, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, and Hindi. Karnataka is also home to a number of important historical and cultural landmarks, such as the Mysore Palace, the Gol Gumbaz, and the Hampi World Heritage Site. The state is known for its technology and startup culture, with the city of Bangalore, also known as Bengaluru, being referred to as the “Silicon Valley of India.” Due to importance, many popular bollywood and hollywood films have been shot in Karnataka, the majority of them are Indian films. However, a few Hollywood films have also been partially shot in Karnataka:
Top 5 Hollywood Movies filmed in Karnataka
1) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984): This action-adventure film, directed by Steven Spielberg, was partially shot in Bangalore and features locations such as the Tipu Sultan Summer Palace and the Bangalore Palace.
2) The Dark Knight Rises (2012): This superhero film, directed by Christopher Nolan, was partially shot in Mysore and features locations such as the Mysore Palace and the Mysore Zoo.
3) Octopussy (1983): This James Bond film, directed by John Glen, was partially shot in Bangalore and features locations such as the Bangalore Palace and the Tipu Sultan Summer Palace.
4) A Mighty Heart (2007): This drama film, directed by Michael Winterbottom, was partially shot in Bangalore and features locations such as the Bangalore Palace and the MG Road.
5) The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011): This comedy-drama film, directed by John Madden, was partially shot in Bangalore and features locations such as the Bangalore Palace and the Cubbon Park.
Top 5 Bollywood Movies filmed in Karnataka
1) Slumdog Millionaire (2008): This Academy Award-winning film, directed by Danny Boyle, was partially shot in Bangalore and features locations such as the MG Road and the Tipu Sultan Summer Palace.
2) Mission Mangal (2019): This Bollywood film, directed by Jagan Shakti, is based on the true story of the Indian Space Research Organisation’s Mars Orbiter Mission and was shot in various locations in Bangalore.
3) The Lunchbox (2013): This Indian film, directed by Ritesh Batra, was shot in Bangalore and features locations such as the Cantonment railway station and the Cubbon Park.
4) Baahubali: The Beginning” (2015): This Indian epic film, directed by S. S. Rajamouli, was partially shot in Bangalore and features locations such as the Tippu’s Fort and the Mysore Palace.
5) Anjaana Anjaani (2010): This Bollywood romantic comedy film, directed by Siddharth Anand, was partially shot in Bangalore and features locations such as the Bangalore Palace and the Brigade Road.
These are just a few examples of Hollywood films that have been shot in Kerala. The state’s natural beauty, cultural diversity, and availability of skilled crew and equipment make it an attractive location for film shoots.
FILM IN INDIA
If you are in search of Journalist, researcher, Indian coordinator, fixer, documentary film maker or Line Producer to cover any specific stories in India, your search ends here. We at Filming Indo delivers all types of services to our International clients as mentioned above. We promise you to arrange everything on your behalf from interview scheduling, Public Relations to Locations management and logistics. You can leave everything on us. You have to just come to India and shoot your project. Even, if you can not come to India, we can shoot and deliver raw audio-visual footage recorded on best HD cameras to you in timely manner.
You can email us today on firstname.lastname@example.org